Sexual life is an important part of a male’s life, so any impairment or disorder can considerably hit his psychological and physical health, preventing from a successful and pleasurable intercourse. Erectile dysfunction is one of the most common and most unpleasant conditions that prevent males from excellent experience. The disorder interferes with the male ability to achieve and hold an erection for the sufficient time. The results of the disorder are decreased self-esteem, psychological problems and relationship disorders. The condition can be triggered by a range of factors, including emotional distress, depression and anxiety up to blood circulation issues, kidney or liver complications, heart-related disorders and others. The condition is easily diagnosed and treated, though the acknowledgement of the problem requires time.
Premature ejaculation is the second most dangerous condition, which interferes with male health, preventing him from enjoying sex. The condition is about an early ejaculation, which commonly appears right before or shortly after the penetration. Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation are frequently interrelated and bother the patient together.
Several Other Sex-Related Male Disorders
The conditions mentioned below are about penile impairment since it is the most important organ that takes part in a sexual intercourse. According to the medical data, other sexual impairments include:
- Priapism, which is associated with a persistent erection, which is usually painful and lasts over 4 hours;
- Phimosis, condition that presupposes tightening of the penile foreskin with an inability to pull back off the head;
- Peyronie’s disease, disorder that is characterized by a curved or bent penis;
- Balanitis, which is an infection or inflammation of the penile head;
- Cancer, a rare type, which hits the skin cells of the penis first;
- Paraphimosis, condition when the retracted foreskin gets stuck behind the penile head without an ability to return to the natural position.
This is not a complete list of sex-related disorders that can bother men, but these are the typical problems. However, the good news at this point is that the vast majority of these impairments can be easily improved in case a patient addresses the doctor as soon as possible.